Friday, February 09, 2007

Critting

The main crit circle I'm a member of is stacking up on members.

Crit circle?

It's basically a number of people who submit texts and read other submitters' text. Said reading done with a critical eye.
In my case this is done on the net, but a circle could be people meeting weekly in a coffee shop. The form is less important than the purpose.

We help each other, or at least aim to help each other, to become better writers. The method is reading and commenting read text. I ways it looks like text analyses done as part of an education, but in this case it's a matter of reading texts that are unfinished.
Read and give an opinion, or several. How did I like it? Did the language appeal to me? Did I approve of how a character came through. Did I happen to notice that a technical application doesn't work the way it was described because I happen to work as a rocket engineer? And so on and so forth.

My personal experience is that it's recommended for most anyone writing. There are numerous dangers inherent though.
Read, think and decide.

Google is a good place to search for information.

No comments: