Sunday, February 04, 2007

A cold in the warmth

Temperature has bounced up and down the last weeks, and with it so has our inner juices. It seems most everyone has caught a cold.

When your head feels like it's padded with cotton from the inside and all you want to do is to sleep, and then sleep some more, neither writing nor editing is the first that comes to your mind.
I've spent more time over my nose than over my manuscript.

Hopefully this spell will pass soon. I really, really dislike being sick.

Still, it's given me some time to think of the changes that I need to do. The more I think of it the better an idea it seems to allow for a location to become a character in its own right. No, not by adding sentience to it, but to treat a place, in as much as it's possible, as a person.
One major weakness my writing suffers from is the lack of world come alive to the reader. This way I'll be forced to rectify that.

No comments: