Friday, June 08, 2007

Feeling a bit lazy

Or maybe I was merely born thoroughly lazy. Who knows?

I've spent another day in the sun with my daughter. Well, mostly in the sun, anyway. The streets have been crammed with sun starved northerners, and with some kind of medical convention going on the usual splash of English is being heard on the streets in a way that has me thinking of late July rather than early June.

Apart from enjoying summer and the company of my daughter I've also had time to indulge in reading book after book. Wonderful, and awful. There is so much good fantasy out there, and so much, well, not so good. Unfortunately too much of the latter come from the hands of well known authors, including the occasional atrocious writing.

I can give one review at least. If you plan to read David Edding's last quadrology -- don't.

No comments: