Friday, March 16, 2007

Reading "good" literature

And it was boring beyond belief.

I've been consuming the kind of literature that receives accolades but few readers. Depressed characters committed to depressing actions in a depressing environment struggle through a bleak everyday reality where they are too cowardly to openly express their political agenda. I guess it's supposed to be a realistic description of the small man's indignation over an unfair world, but most of all it's a realistic admission of being guilty of all and every prejudice concerning literary fiction.

Am I ranting? Of course I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..and are you being prejudiced?

Yes you are ;-)

The Wife (TM)

Sten Düring said...

Sure, I'm prejudiced. I was before this last batch and even more so now after reading it.