Monday, August 20, 2007

Non-fiction

Is what I am going to write for the near future. Not because I have always dreamt of writing non-fiction and neither because I suddenly found a fountain of wealth. It is all a side effect of the championships in the card game we play. The main gamer's organisation in Sweden hired our club to write a handbook in running this type of events, and as both Bea and I have rather extensive experience in the area we agreed to the task.

It is definitely a paid for writing project, but our non-profit organisation is the recipient of the money, so I am not entirely sure that it counts as a writing credit. Well, it is a job that needs to be done, and honestly, someone ought to have written this several years ago, so I guess I could just as well, be one half of that someone.

One rather funny aspect of it all is that the sum allocated for this is more or less dead on the average advance for a new writer in speculative fiction, an eye opener in itself.

No comments: